Women Inspiring the World: Educated, Empowered, Equal
From: 28 June- 1 July
Sponsored by: Community of Democracies
Opening Remarks are by: Presidents of Lithuania and Finland
The agenda for 09 June-
- Highlight: The Role of OSCE in advancing Gender Issues- US Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Gender Issues Wendy Patten
- Issue Highlight: The Role of Ombudsperson in a Society Ombudswoman Austrine Burneikiene Ombudswoman for the Office of Equal Opportunities in Lithuania will discuss the work of the Ombudsperson and describe the Ombudsperson’s role in the Lithuanian society.
- Guest Speaker from the European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) Indre Mackeviciute, Gender Expert will describe the role of the work of the European Institute for Gender Equality and present its future plans.
- Remarks on EPP Women and Resources for Women in the EU
Maria Rauch-Kallat, Vice President of EPP Women
- Best practices highlights. A Panel of Women including:
- Mu Sochua, Women’s role in politics in post conflict societies
- Vera Pronkina, Women’s role in promoting youth participation in politics
- Sílvia Rita Oliveira de Souza, Women’s role in political campaigns
- Liliana Palihovici, Women’s role in parliament
- Oyun Sanjaasürengiin, Women’s role defending human rights
The closing remarks are by Hillary Clinton and the president of Finland (a woman).
1 July is the 6th Ministerial Conference- opening Hillary Clinton and others
I will be going to Finland and Norway to visit our Cambodian communities there after the conference from 2-5 July. I will update my blog about the event. Please follow along!