The Phnom Penh Municipality Court issued an Arrest Warrant against CAmbodia’s Opposition Leader, Sam Rainsy.
The verdict dates from 25 May, 2011
Political tensions in the past few days have reached the highest point after Sam Rainsy compared the election in Burma to Cambodia.
What is Cambodia’s PM worried about if he is so certain his party will win in 2018 election?
I, Sy Vanny, representing the Prosecution Office of Phnom Penh Municipal Court (“PPMC”):
– Having seen articles 27, 196, 496, and 497 of Criminal Procedural Code of the Kingdom of Cambodia entering into force by Royal Decree 0807/024 dated 10-08-2007;
– Having seen criminal verdict No. 31 dated 25 May 2011 of PPMC;
– Having seen criminal verdict [or, decision of the criminal case] No. 89 dated 13 October 2011 of PPMC;
– Having seen official judgment No. 17 dated 12 March 2013 of Appeals Court;
-Having seen Request to Implement Official Judgment dated 13 November 2015 by Mr. Ka Savuth, attorney representing HE Hor Namhong.
After having reviewed:
– Sam Rainsy…(bio, occupation and address)
Shall be charged with: Public Defamation and Incitement Resulting in Discrimination, which occurred at Choeung Ek Museum [address Phnom Penh] on 17 April 2008, in accordance with Articles 494 and 496 of the Criminal Code.
With the understanding that:
-as a matter of authority, the abovementioned verdicts and official judgment will now be implemented.
– The PPMC has sentenced the named Sam Rainsy to two (2) years in prison and fined 8 million riels; and the Appeals Court has discharged this case from its caseload in accordance with the official judgment No. 17 dated 12 March 2013. However, the named Sam Rainsy has yet to serve his sentence.
Therefore it is decided:
1. Arrest the named Sam Rainsy with the above identification in accordance with the official judgment No. 17 dated 12 March 2013 of the Appeals Court;
2. Order public armed forces to search and bring in the named “tin-dith” Sam Rainsy to serve his sentence at the prison of the Ministry of Interior;
3. All agents of public armed services shall cooperate effectively.
Phnom Penh, 13 November 2015
[signed: Sy Vanny]